The Full Story
A THRIVING LEGAL CAREER
Mable Taylor is Democrat running for Cook County Judge. She is a dynamic maverick who is an independent thinker, a devoted civil rights advocate, a responsible leader, a public servant committed to the community, and a passionate crusader of justice.
Mable Taylor is a lifelong resident of Chicago's Westside, who attended Crane Jr College, and after two years transferred to Roosevelt University where earned an undergraduate degree and she earned her Law Degree from DePaul University College of Law. Mable has over 40 years of diverse legal
experience with 27 years in private practice and serving as an Arbitrator for Cook County Mandatory Arbitration Program for over 25 years presiding over a host of civil litigation.
Mable's practice includes extensive Criminal Law litigation including a host of trials and motions, Wrongful Death, Personal, Probate, Family Law, Personal Injury, Employment Discrimination, Real Estate Closings, Worker Compensation, Contracts, Landlord-Tenant, and Election Law,
Mable practices take her all over Cook County, and surrounding counties which include DuPage, McDonough, McHenry, Kane, McLean, and Champaign and Lake-Cook.
In addition, she has taught a variety of law courses at the following academic institutions: Roosevelt University, Robert Morris College, Malcolm X College, City Colleges of Chicago, and Illinois School of Commerce.
Mable is also an active participant in her community, where she serves on numerous community boards. She truly believes that Chicagoans deserve a judicial system that is both fair and impartial, therefore her ultimate goal is to make sure that you are treated with the utmost respect and integrity at all times.
Current Community Participation:
• As a graduation requirement, I provided an Externship for Senior Law Student at Western Michigan University, Thomas J. Cooley Law School. Student received four credit hours for participating in Externship.
• Volunteer Attorney Dorothy Brown's Expungement Summit
• Volunteer Attorney Chicago Bar Association, Driver License Expo
• Volunteer Attorney for National Immigrant Justice Center
• Volunteer Attorney for the First Defense 24-Hour Free Legal Assistance Program • Volunteer Attorney for the Chicago Volunteer Legal Services, Foreclosure Mediation Program
• Volunteer Attorney for the Chicago Legal Advocacy for Incarcerated Mothers at Cook County Jail (CLAIM)
• Board Member Keystone Baptist Church, also a member for over 40 years. Previous Participation:
• Board Member for the Major Adams Community Committee
• Board Member Westside Holistic Family Center
• Member of the West Haven Planning Committee
• Member of the Westside Ministers Coalition • Member of Citizens for a Better Westside
• Black Women Lawyers' Association
• Chicago Bar Association
• National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys • Admitted to practice before the US Supreme Court • Federal Trial Bar Member